About Kim Piracci, G.G.
- Kim has earned the prestigious Graduate Gemologist (G.G.) diploma from The Gemological Institute of America (GIA).
- The GIA was established in 1931, and is the world’s largest and most respected nonprofit institute of gemological research and learning.
- The GIA’s credentials and designations are internationally regarded as symbols of excellence and professional distinction without parallel in the gem and jewelry industry.
- In the words of Cartier’s Chairman Emeritus, Mr. Ralph Destino, “I believe there is no better training ground for acquiring truly professional grading and identification skills than GIA.”
- Kim is a Certified Senior Member of The National Association of Jewelry Appraisers (NAJA), the largest international professional appraisal association exclusively devoted to the appraisals of gems and jewelry.
- Her NAJA membership means you have the added peace of mind knowing that she belongs to an association to which you can report if you are unhappy with her services.
- As an independent gemologist, Kim adheres to the code of ethics set forth by the Uniform Standard of Professional Appraisal Practice and the National Association of Jewelry Appraisers. (This is why Kim will not give jewelry appraisals online. She must examine the jewelry in person.)
More About Kim
Kim was raised in the Adirondacks and earned a Social Work degree from Plattsburg State University. She is married, has two grown sons, and has lived in Chapel Hill, NC since 1996. She enjoys staying fit with running, yoga, and hiking. What she likes most about being an independent jewelry appraiser is interacting with people and hearing their interesting stories. Kim loves to investigate and research jewelry history.